This cranberry brie bar recipe combines white chocolate, earthy brie and tart cranberries on a perfectly sweet and crunchy pecan crust. It’s gluten free, easy to make and simply, irresistible.
Anyone else always end up with a variety of funky cheese around the holidays? This is the second funky cheese and cranberry recipe created in the last month and I am overwhelmed with JOY at how good they turned out!
You can only make so many charcuterie platters before you need a new game plan for the rest of the strong cheese stash. This recipe uses white chocolate and half a round of brie melted right in to create a perfectly funky sweet flavor combo that’s perfect for anytime. …. I ate them for breakfast 🙂
This recipe makes 32 mini bars (2 bites in size). They are a perfect addition to dessert plates, cookie trays or even a festive charcuterie board. I had exactly 2 cups of frozen cranberries left from Thanksgiving stored in the freezer. I wish I bought more, as I am loving the creative recipes they inspire, like this Cranberry Cheesecake Recipe.
- White Chocolate
- Fresh Cranberries
- Almond Flour
- Brown Sugar
This cranberry brie bar recipe is simple and easy to make. The hardest part is to gently shave the rind off the brie. I recommend cutting the round of brie in quarters and using a sharp knife skim the edges of the brie starting at the point and pealing off the rind. This is best to do when the brie is cold because it is still firm so do this step first and set the cheese aside to come to room temp. (This recipe uses 1/2 of an 8 oz. wheel)
Chop 2 cups of fresh cranberries in the food processor or with a knife. Squeeze out any excess juice and set aside.
Next, I made a pecan crust in the food processor with 2 cups of pecans, 1 cup of almond flour, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, some salt and 1/4 cup of melted butter.
Press the crust into a prepared 13 x 9 baking dish coated with cooking spray. You can use parchment paper on the bottom to make it easy to lift the cranberry brie bars out of the dish and cut evenly with a sharp knife. (Notice my unclean cuts? It’s a learning process for me too!)
After the pecan crust is pressed firmly and evenly into the prepared pan then pre-heat the oven to 300°
In a large bowl over a pot of boiling water melt 1 lb. of white chocolate with 4 oz of prepared brie.
After the white chocolate and brie are melted together mix in 3 eggs and 3 teaspoons of cornstarch. Add them one at a time, mixing after each addition until just incorporated.
Now, stir in the chopped cranberries.
Pour this badder and spread evenly over the pecan crust.
Bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes. Remove and let cool to room temperature before refrigerating for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Remove the bars from the baking dish and cut with a sharp knife.
M⭕️RE Recipes to ENJ⭕️Y:
Cranberry Brie Bars
- 4 oz brie rind removed
- 2 cup fresh cranberries chopped
- 2 cup pecans
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 lb white chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- Remove rind from 1/2 round of brie and set aside.
- Chop cranberries in food processor, drain excess juice and set aside.
- Prepare a 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a food processor chop pecans, almond flour, brown sugar and salt. Run food processor on low and add melted butter into the funnel to create a course ground crust.
- Pour crust into prepared baking dish and evenly press down firmly in the bottom, set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 300°
- In a large bowl over a pot of boiling water melt brie and white chocolate, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add one egg with 1 teaspoon of cornstarch, mixxing immediately after each addition.
- Stir in chopped cranberries.
- Pour badder into prepared crust and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about an hour.
- Refrigerate bars for atleast 4 hours or overnight before cutting.