This homemade chicken noodle soup recipe is flavorful and comforting. It’s made with homemade egg noodles that are soft and hearty in a delicious broth brightened with lemon juice and ginger.
The rain. It was raining all day on Monday and a blanket of snow fell on Mauna Kea. It was lovely! My mom had a snow day in Colorado… it just felt so right to make chicken noodle soup for dinner.
I decided to try my hand at making homemade egg noodles for the first time since I can never find the right noodles. My mom always used frozen egg noodles that were soft and perfect and after making homemade lasagne noodles from scratch I realized how easy it is to make pasta, so why not?
I found a recipe on SpendwithPennies.com and watched the video. Super easy! So I made the dough in the mixer and let my mixer do the work. I cooked my noodles directly in the soup for about 15 minutes before I served it. There’s something about making a dish 100% from scratch that is so satisfying and comforting.
I listened to : Phish- Sigma Oasis
- Chicken Breast
- Frozen Corn
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Chicken Stock
- Half n Half
This Site contains affiliate links. If you wish to purchase an item below I may make a small commission, at no extra cost to you! So Please, shop away!
This chicken noodle soup recipe is simple and easy. It starts in a large soup pot or Dutch oven. Cook onions, garlic, ginger, celery and carrots in a little olive oil with salt, pepper and thyme.
Next add 2 chicken breasts and cook for a few minutes on each side buried in the sautéed veggies.
Pour in about 8 cups of chicken stock and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
Turn down the heat and let simmer while you make the noodles.
To make homemade egg noodles combine 2 cups of flour with salt in a stand mixer with a dough hook, or in a large bowl with your hands.
Add 2 eggs and 1 Tablespoon butter,
Add a couple tablespoons of half n half to the dough and knead for about 5 minutes.
Turn the dough onto a floured surface and form into a ball. Cover and let rest for about 20 minutes.
Now add the frozen corn to the soup and shred the chicken by removing it from the soup, shredding it with 2 forks. Return the chicken to the soup.
Roll out the dough to about 1/8 inch thick..(or however thick you desire your noodle, it’s not going to expand too much.)
Using a knife cut the dough into strips.
Bring soup to a boil and add the noodles one by one stirring occasionally so the noodles don’t stick.
After all your noodles are in the pot boil the soup for about 10-15 minutes.
Turn down the heat, serve and Enjoy!
M⭕️RE Recipes to L⭕️VE-
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp ginger minced
- 2 cups celery chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 lemon juiced
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup corn I used frozen
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- In a large soup pot or dutch oven heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, ginger, celery and carrots.
- Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionaly.
- Add chicken chicken breast, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Cook chicken for a few minutes before adding lemon juice.
- Add chicken stock and let simmer while you make the egg noodles.
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, butter and milk and mix to create a soft dough.
- Kneed dough for a few minutes on a floured surface.
- Let dough rest for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicien from soup and shred with 2 forks, add back to the pot.
- Add frozen corn and water to the soup and bring to a boil.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to 1/8 inch thick.
- Using a large knife cut noodles into strips.
- Add noodles a few at a time to boiling soup and stir after each addition.
- Let soup boil for about 10 minutes after all the noodles are added.